With NYC’s unofficial start to summer here, we’ve got some incredible and exclusive happenings coming to NYC this May that you don’t want to miss!
“With summer just around the corner, it’s time to take advantage of the cooler days before the city turns into a massive oven. There’s so much to look forward to in May, from “cinco de Mayo” to exciting new exhibitions and of course, all the city’s gorgeous spring blooms.
That said, we’ve put together a giant list below of all the must-do activities happening this month in the city. Get to it!”
Here are a few of my faves:
- If you’d like to hear beautiful melodies surrounded by the flickering glow of candlelight in a stunning NYC church, this one at St Ann & the Holy Trinity Church from Bach to the Beatles or this one at the Church of the Heavenly Rest that’s a tribute to Coldplay will surely impress.
- If you’d rather listen to more modern jazz, try this Amy Winehouse tribute at the Williamsburg Hotel
- Or, for anime lovers, take in the greatest anime songs of all time at Candlelight: Favorite Anime Themes
Travel to a galaxy far, far away at NYC’s out-of-this-world Star Wars fan exhibit. See more than 600 official items from the Star Wars Universe that have been collected and displayed by the franchise’s biggest fans. Stand next to replicas of your favorite characters and see iconic movie recreations. Get your tickets here.
Appreciate the best in art around NYC
One of NYC’s best assets is its accessibility to beautiful art. Everywhere you look there’s new installations popping up and incredible museums to visit. Here are some you should check out this May:
- Join the waitlist for Magritte: The Immersive Experience
- Check out this daring new production inspired by Andy Warhol’s life that will transport you to 1960s NYC
- NYC’s Epic New Basquiat Exhibit Featuring Over 200 Never-Before-Seen Works
- See Lady Liberty Wearing A Cartoonish Mask On The High Line
Hear a nostalgic reenactment of all your favorite Queen hits like We Will Rock You, Another One Bites The Dust, and Bohemian Rhapsodyat this unforgettable concert coming to NYC. Broadway stars will take to the stage alongside a giant 15-piece orchestra for a night that will have you rockin’ out. Get your tickets here.
For all the rest of these 60 very fine NYC events, go to SecretNYC’s list HERE.
So many great things to see and do, places to eat and drink in NYC.
How to find them? Here are 6 more of my fave NYC suggestions: